People choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons. For some it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people around them. For others, it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge. Regardless of the motivation, what unites them all is that they find it both challenging and rewarding.
Apart from the satisfaction of helping out your community, there can be heaps of reasons why you should volunteer. Here’s just a few:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- To give back to, or get involved in, my community
- Experience new challenges
- Raise awareness and support important community issues
- Experience different cultures
- Help people or contribute to social change
- Develop professional networks
- Find a pathway to getting a job or into a course or training
- Learn new skills or gain experience in a variety of roles
- Explore different career and job opportunities.
How you can help
Avalon volunteers support our people to create a vision of better lives for themselves by assisting them to:
- Participate in the community
- Develop and maintain competence in various areas
- Build relationships
- Enhance image and reputation
Avalon volunteers bring a huge range of skills, points of view and experience to our people and we couldn’t do it without them.
Avalon volunteers are carefully matched with our clients depending on skills and interests for one on one support. This allows relationships and genuine connections to grow and flourish.